- SBB provides this community platform so that dialogue can develop between customers (“customers-helping-customers principle”) Any opinions expressed belong to the individual authors and are not representative of the position taken by SBB.
SBB will use the content for the benefit of internal development, further development and improvement of processes, services and channels e.g:
• SBB Services
• product development and improvement
• channel stability and improvement
• fixing bugs
The following content in particular is not permitted:
a. Illegal or otherwise undesirable content, particularly content that is defamatory, libellous, racist, discriminatory, hateful, sexist, pornographic, vulgar, harassing, violent, threatening, abusive or otherwise harmful.
b. Posts which violate the rights of third parties.
Photos, images etc. may only be uploaded if you have the consent of all person(s) depicted in them. Only upload content for which you possess all the rights use (especially copyright) required for the intended (i.e. only photographs you have taken yourself, for instance).
c. Posts which have no relation or only a tenuous relation to the published topic or the aim of “customers helping customers”; or posts which are wholly or partly promotional in nature.
d. Using the community platform to post chain emails, viruses, Trojans, etc. or other elements.
- SBB reserves the right to refrain from publishing posts in full or in part without consulting the authors or to remove posts in full or in part if they are deemed to be prohibited by moderators. In such cases, the user profile may be blocked. The author can also expect to face legal action in the case of extremely serious misuse.
- The author’s username is appended to every post. Clicking on the respective username allows you to view the user’s public profile. Every user has a public profile, which matches the information in the corresponding SwissPass account that was selected for registration. The user can change this information after registration under ‘My settings’.
- All visits to a topic or a post are recorded anonymously. The figures are shown in the topic overview (visits).
- SBB reserves the right to
• contact users in exceptional cases,
• analyse the use of the Community platform in an anonymised form for statistical purposes,
SBB asks all participants in the SBB Community to report violations of these rules to us using the ‘report’ function.
- SBB cannot be held liable for any errors or omissions in the content that it incorporates into the Community. In addition, SBB does not assume any liability whatsoever for the content incorporated into the Community by users.
To the extent permitted by law, SBB rejects all liability for loss or damage of any kind incurred by users or third parties in relation to accessing or using the SBB Community. Moreover, SBB AG accepts no responsibility for the content and availability of third-party websites accessed and/or displayed via external links on the SBB Community platform. We disassociate ourselves from all content that may be illegal or violate common decency.
If the availability of the SBB Community is disrupted, SBB shall not be liable to the user for any loss of data or any other resulting damages.
Last updated: 31.10.2023
Author: SBB AG, Passenger Services Markets / Digital Business, Trüsselstrasse 2, CH-3000 Bern 65